Thursday, September 11, 2008

Of Married Women and Mother-in-Laws

I actually wanted to make the title sound as classy as the old movie title "of bed knobs and broom sticks" , but now that it's there doesn't sound so classy... anyways


One of my school friends F was here from another city. I thought ah we need to have a mini get together. Anyways self invited myself to F's place and called up S, M and SN. Only S could come. We started about good old times and then the conversation suddenly turned to Mother-in-Laws. Turns out nearly everyone was having problem with them. One after another story was enough to make you think either there should be no mother-in-law (god forbid) or you should be far far away from her reach. What is the world coming to? Since when did mother-in-laws become so integral part of marriages? These educated happily married women had perhaps one issue in their life....mother-in-law ..... is it the same world over is this a very desi concept?

Other than that my Lecture 2 was progress from Lecture 1. 3 more people turned up. the projector took 10 mins to start running as compared to previous time of 1 hour. I haven't heard so much escuse making in the last few years as I did in these last two classes. I hope the students grow up and they grow up soon!

Planning a trip to Lahore. Lets see how I fare in that one.

No comments: