Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Trip to Lahore after return from Amreeka

So I finally went to Lahore after being in Pindi for 6 weeks. One of my friends got married in 2k7 and moved there and she gave a really nice description of it. Lahoris drive like it's the last time they are driving, eat like it's the last time they are eating and dress up like it's the last time they are dressing up. So true! I refused to drive there one due to lack of basic lahoris geography and two it was like driving bumper cars without getting hit and I wasn't willing to try it just yet.

Took the premium class Daewoo from here. turns out it's good looks, more space, more fare and yet no better comfort. Spent an extra Rs 180 just for that. Day 2 went to the market..... all they had was sparkly cloth ....... my two cousins turned up with their husbands and children. One's kid were afraid of me for God knows what reason. they wouldn't come out of the room because I was sitting right outside it. Another's kid was so adorable, she just turned two. Everyone kept telling her to call me khala.....at the end of they way they asked who is she and she replied 'auntiieee' ..... funny even kids can tell when people are amreeka returned :P

Anyways multiple trips to Saleem Fabrics, Liberty yielded some good kapra shopping. Other than that had food at Salt N Pepper, Ice cream at Heeras and Coffee at Espresso which was an amusing opinion on it's own! Deserves another post someday :)

Last I flew back. As long as i can remember I haven't traveled domestically by air. I've been flying every three months in US but strangely not in Pakistan. Really liked the airport not to forget to mention the convenience. Spent an hour on the free Wateen net at the lounge. My parents turned up to welcome me and that too on time! It was a good flight. My Mamu ruined my habit now I think I'll want to fly back each time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what I call driving in Lahore... its like playing hockey..!